practical means of
transportation along the
These rules have been established to protect passengers and crew.
Boarding and Transit
- Please drive on and off the ferries slowly. Vehicles should not exceed 3 mph.
- Walk-on passengers please remain in the staging areas until given the signal to board/depart.
- Upon boarding the ferries, please pay close attention to the pre-departure safety orientation.
- Do not tamper with any lifesaving or emergency equipment.
- Do not enter areas marked “Crew Only” or “Restricted Areas”.
- Small children must be accompanied by a parent/guardian while on ferry decks at all times.
- Please use caution when walking around the ferries as deck areas may become slippery when wet.
- Please use the handrails when on the stairs and boarding ramps.
- Please keep your hands clear of the railings during arrival and departure.
- Swimming, diving and fishing is strictly prohibited aboard the ferries.
- Motorcycle riders are required to remain with their motorcycle during the trip.
- During rough or severe weather passengers should remain in their vehicles.
- Please do not stand between vehicles when the ferries are entering the landings.
- Do not sit or climb on the ramps, railing and bulwarks.
- Pets are allowed and must be on a leash when not in a vehicle. Animals that are not people-friendly must be transported in a pet carrier or remain in your vehicle.
- No other animals are allowed on deck.
Hazardous materials (Title 49 CFR, Parts 170-180)
Explosives or incendiary devices (Title 33 CFR, Part 6)
Chemical, Biological or Radiological Agents or Devices (Title 33 CFR, Part 6)
Unlawful or Illegally Possessed Firearms (9.41 RCW)
Illegal Fireworks (70.77 RCW)